Online applications are invited for the posts of Registrar, Dean, CDC, Professor, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Director Youth Welfare, Deputy Director Physical Education (Campus), Medical Officer and CCJDEOs in the University. Online registration of application for these posts except CCJDEOs will start w.e.f. 12.07.2019 and end on 02.08.2019. Last Date for submitting Hard Copy of the Online submitted application is 09.08.2019.
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar Recuritment
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for various Teaching and NonTeaching posts in the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar as per details given below. Candidates must also fill the Score Card Proforma for Assistant Professors, which is an essential component of the online application form. Candidates are required to deposit the prescribed fees (non refundable) through online mode only using Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net banking. Application fees for posts at Sr. no. 1 to 8 will be Rs. 1180/-(including GST) (Rs. 590/-(including GST) for SC/ST & PWD candidates) and for post at Sr. no. 9 Rs. 944/-(including GST) (Rs. 472/-(including GST) for SC/ST & PWD candidates). The SC/ST and PWD candidates who are not domicile of the State of Punjab shall have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1180/- (including GST) for posts at Sr. No. 1 to 8 and Rs. 944/- (including GST) for post at Sr. No. 9. The application submitted through online mode ONLY shall be accepted and submission of its Hard Copy is also must. For the posts of Professor/Associate Professors/Deputy Director Physical Education, candidates must send the downloaded Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in UGC regulations, and score card performa duly filled in all respect as per guidelines, along with the supporting documents with the hard copy of their application form, which is an essential component of the application form. This PBAS and Score Card proforma and guidelines are available at the university Official website . No modification will be allowed subsequently. Candidates for the post(s) of Director Youth Welfare and Medical Officer must also send the downloaded Score Card Proforma duly filled in all respect as per guidelines, along with the supporting documents with the hard copy of the application form, which is an essential component of the application form. Score Card Proforma available at University Official website. No modification will be allowed subsequently
Appointed candidates will be paid the salary as per Notifications No.7/204/2012-4FP 1/66, dated 15.1.2015 of Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance(Finance Personnel-I Branch) Chandigarh and as amended from time to time.(Copy of notification available at University Website: http://www.gndu.ac.in)
Registrar Qualifications:- (i) Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale. (ii) At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs. 7000 and above or with 8 years’ of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000 and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration or (iii) Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education, or (iv) The candidate must have 15 years of administrative experience out of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post i.e. in the pay scale of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 7600/- (Unrevised) or above.
Candidates are required to apply in the online mode only through Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar Official website. No other means / mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted. Applicants are required to take TWO printouts of the Online Application Form. Affixthe same passport size photograph (which was uploaded with the online form) on it and SEND a COPY to ‘THE REGISTRAR, GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY, AMRITSAR-143005’, PUNJAB along with self attested copies of all the certificates of Educational/ Professional QUALIFICATIONS (DEGREES AND DMC’S WITH CONVERSION FORMULA OF CGPA/OGPA), EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE, RESERVE CATEGORY CERTIFICATE (Reservation certificate issued by the competent authority as a proof of claiming the reserve category as made in the online application form) etc. keep the 2nd copy with him/her.
2. Copy of circular containing detailed instructions, qualifications, etc. for the posts, is available only at http://www.gndu.ac.in.The qualifications for all the teaching posts are as per UGC norms.
3. IMPORTANT: Applicants for the posts of Dean, College Development Council/Professor/Associate Professors/ Deputy Director Physical Education must attach the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) Proforma as indicative Appendix III Table II(B)/V(B) as per UGC (4th amendment), Regulations, 2016 (duly filled-in all respects by them) and attested copies of supporting documents, with hard copy of their application form to be submitted as per note 1 above.
4. Candidates for the post(s) of Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Deputy Director Physical Education & Sports/ Director Youth Welfare/Medical Officer must also fill the Score Card Proforma, which is an essential component of the application form. Score Card Proforma available at University website
5. A Candidate needs to Register only once by filling Registration Form, even if he/she wishes to apply for more than one post/ department/campuses.
6. Candidates must have a valid Email-ID of his own, which should be active throughout the recruitment process. Candidates should keep checking the Inbox or even the Spam box of his/her Email ID regularly during the recruitment process as the University may send any important intimations on the University Website and/or through Email. Candidates should also check the University website regarding any updaes during the recruitment process. Candidates should check their Email account for updates. GNDU will not be responsible for any loss of Email sent, due to invalid/wrong Email Id provided by the candidates or for delay/ non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time. Candidates are requested in their own interest to remain in touch with the University Official website. Issuance of notifications in the newspaper is not obligatory on the part of the university
7. Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in the online application. Any mistake committed by the candidates shall be his/her sole responsibility.
8. The candidates should ensure the completion of all the steps of the registration process and depositing of application fee by the stipulated date and time given in the advertisement.
9. Please scan your Photograph and Signatures individually and save them in the JPEG format. The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 100 kb (photograph) and 100 kb (signature) for online uploading. 10. Please keep the following details ready with you before clicking on the registration button for starting your online application:-
a. Personal details including Date of Birth and Nationality
b. Mobile Number
c. Valid Email ID
d. Reservation Category Details
e. Percentage of your Educational Qualification starting from Matriculation examinations to onwards.
(Please calculate percentage from CGPA/OGPA in advance).
f. Soft Copies of scanned Photograph and Signatures.
11. Application fee once paid shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor it shall be held reserve for any other recruitment or selection process in future.
12. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
13. Persons already in service must apply online and send the hard copy of applicatio through their employer. All those candidates working in organizations/institutions including affiliated colleges of the university may be allowed to appear in interview without “No Objection Certificate” with the condition that in case the candidate is selected, no extension in joining time will be allowed. Such candidates are required to give an undertaking on the format available on university Official website: All such candidates will be given standard joining time i.e. one month from the issuance of appointment letter.
14. The candidates are required to apply separately for each post earmarked for each Deptt.
15. Incomplete applications in any respect or hard copy of application received after the due date will not be entertained.
16. University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the posts and to call only suitable number of candidates for interview/counseling.
17. The number of posts can be increased or decreased.
18. Bio-Data of any candidate can be placed before the Selection Committee.
19. Mere applying and satisfying the essential/ minimum qualification required for a post does not entitle the candidate any right of appointment.
20. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
21. The candidature of the candidate for reserve category will be considered only for the category he/ she has applied online/offline. Under No Circumstances, reserve category of the candidate will be changed. No request in this regard will be entertained.
22. A relaxation of 5% is admissible at the Graduate and Master’s level for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes candidates.
23. The screening criteria and template to be used by the selection Committee for academic record and research performance etc. are also available on the University Website.
24. Candidates within India may not be considered in absentia.
25. Reservation Policy for direct recruitment will be followed as per instructions issued by the Govt. of Punjab and adopted by this university. The benefits of reservation policy will be given to the residents of Punjab State only. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD, etc candidates are required to attach the relevant certificate issued by the competent authority as a proof of claiming the reserved category as made in the online application form.
26. Candidates claiming Backward Class Category will have to submit the photocopy of their latest valid BC certificate issued by the competent authority.
27. Wards/ Wife of Ex-servicemen can apply under Ex-servicemen category.
28. Ex-servicemen or Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen (LDESM), who have domicile of Punjab, are eligible for reservation under the Ex-Servicemen category. Both will have to produce a certificate issued by District Defence Services Welfare officer/ District Sainik Welfare officer of their respective district in support of their category.
29. The lineal descendents of the Ex-Servicemen can apply in the Ex-Servicemen category provided they satisfy the eligibility conditions of a general category candidate. Their candidature will be considered only if sufficient numbers of Ex-Servicemen candidates’ are not available in the Ex-Servicemen category. In case sufficient numbers of Exservicemen are available, then LDESM shall be treated asGeneral Category candidates.
Written and/ or Practical Test may be held wherever necessary.
31. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
32. Any dispute with regard to the selection/recruitment process will be subject to the courts/tribunals having Jurisdiction of Amritsar.
33. For any enquiry regarding online application form, please contact Phone No.0183- 2258802-09 (3182) (For Technical Enquiry regarding filling online application form) and 3099 (For General Enquiry regarding advertisement) Timing: 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. in working days